Tuesday 29 April 2014

Hot and humid

Greetings from a hot & humid Ghana: it's 8pm and still over 30C.  I imagine the humidity is at least 70% too.  It rained today which gave a little respite but not for long.

I spent all of today with Joseph, including a trip this morning to visit a retired minister; this afternoon we talked about the various groups in the church and how they operate.  There is a strong community spirit in all these groups which in turn provides some day-to-day structure and purpose to many church activities.


Methodist Cathedral, Winneba

Guild meeting, Winneba


I sat in a meeting of 'Christ's Little Band' who were just about to spend the evening visiting members of the group who are currently unable to get to church for whatever reason, then briefly in the Guild meeting followed by saying a quick hello to the choir (I have to return to the choir on Thursday to teach them a song).








Thank you all for your prayers, here are some requests from me:



  • For Sandy and the girls - I've been away nearly a week now, they are dealing with a busy period very well but I am sure they would appreciate your support.
  • For all the activities of the church here, particularly those which involve social outreach in the community.
  • For preparations for the synod of the Winneba diocese which meets next week.
  • Thanks for good health for me, and hopes that it will continue.
Patrick

No comments:

Post a Comment