Thursday 2 October 2014

Look listen and pray

"It's been a while" since I last posted on this blog, as its main purpose has been fulfilled.  However, one piece of my study in Ghana was to consider the question "Where is God in this place, and for these people?"

Having completed that study, it was suggested that it might be useful to repeat the exercise for my training church, Wesley Methodist Church, in central Reading.  Our new Basingstoke and Reading Methodist Circuit has also challenged us to identify where God is at work in our locality, respond in thanks and ask what God is saying through it.

Wesley Methodist Church, Reading
This morning, a small group of us walked around part of the neighbourhood of the church building with this in mind.  This activity will continue during October 2014 (and possibly beyond), taking in different parts of the area around Wesley, to "look, listen and pray" and so appreciate how God is present to us in the world around us.

Please follow this link if you are interested in knowing more.


Amankwatia

Just a quick update about Amankwatia, the village which I visited towards the end of my stay in Ghana.  I am pleased to say that the work to build a new sanitation block has started recently, and drilling for the new fresh water supply should start shortly.  The aim is to have both projects completed before Christmas.  I am hoping to have some pictures of the work which I can show you in the near future.  Watch this space.



No comments:

Post a Comment